Concave, by Swiss designer Nicolas Barth Nussbaumer, challenges the traditional design of the modern watch – the dial and case are integrated to give the impression of a single form.
With its brushed steel sunray dial, Concave delivers an element of silversmithing to horology – a flawlessly sculptural piece brought to life through masterful craftsmanship. It is the ultimate expression of elegance and femininity, firmly steeped in the pared down minimalism of the Danish design tradition.
- Materials: Calfskin, Stainless steel
- Stones: Diamonds
- 92 x Ø 0.8mm (0.23cts)
- Launch year: 2014
- Make: Swiss Made
- Movement: Swiss Quartz (ETA 956.032)
- Functions: Hour, Minute
- Water resistance: 3 ATM
- Case Diameter: 30 mm / 1.18 inches.
- Case Height: 7 mm / 0.28 inches.
- Case Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Case-back: Snap-in
- Crown: Push-in
- Crystal: Concave, double curved sapphire crystal
- Dial: Silver-coloured sunray steel
- Strap: White calfskin
- Clasp type: Pin buckle
- Clasp material: Stainless steel
1972 - Nicolas Barth Nussbaumer
After specialising in jewellery and watch design at the Art & Design school in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Swiss-born designer Nicolas Barth Nussbaumer went to work for two established watch designers– Rodolphe and DiModolo–before setting up his own company at the tender age of 24.